Electric geysers are devices that are popularly used in many countries across the world to heat water. They are designed with electrical components and thermal switches. Switches are essentially used to turn the electrical components on and off, thus controlling temperature and power consumption.
They are also designed with valves which control the pressure that results from possible over-heating and expansion.
Sometimes, an electric geyser or its component(s) may malfunction. The malfunctioning may be as a result of one or more of the following:
- Poor installation.
- When the pressure control valve becomes faulty.
- Faulty thermostat.
- When the geyser bursts.
- When a big leak develops and the tray & overflow drip system fails to cope.
- Tripping of the circuit breaker.
- Malfunctioning of electric element/ thermostat, or extremely low setting on the thermostat.
- Dirty/ blocked valves or blocked galvanized pipes.
Malfunctioning of a geyser is usually exhibited by one or more of the following tell-tale signs:
- Excessive water leakage (more than eight liters in a span of 24 hours).
- Unusually high electricity bill as a result of overheating.
- Steam and hot water flowing out of the over-flow pipe.
- When it consistently trips the electricity bill.
- Water leaking through the ceiling.
- When all hot water taps within the house start making unusual shuddering noise.
- When the geyser discharges cold water (when it fails to heat up water).
- When the hot water tap discharges insufficient water or completely fails to discharge any water.
Why you should seek the services of our company
Has your geyser started exhibiting any of the signs listed above? If it has, then it’s very likely that the geyser or its component has malfunctioned. We’d therefore like to encourage you to seek the services of our company.
Our company has many years’ experience in the installation and repair of geysers. We have employed a team of electricians and plumbers who have the right qualifications and adequate experience. We therefore have the capacity to install, repair and maintain your geyser.
Every year, our company installs more than 4,000 electric geysers and also replaces thousands of components such as thermostats and valves.
Additionally, we have the necessary qualifications and experience in handling insurance claims for the leading insurance companies in the country. Therefore, you don’t have to worry that your insurance company may fail to approve us.